In Ark Nova—from Capstone Games—you will plan and design a modern, scientifically-managed zoo. Your ultimate goal is to own the most successful zoological establishment. To achieve this, you must build enclosures, accommodate animals, and support conservation projects all over the world. Specialists and unique buildings will help you toward this goal!
- Players: 1-4
- Play Time: 90-150 Minutes
- Ages 14+
- Complexity: 7/10
Ark Nova Gameplay
At the heart of Ark Nova are 255 cards featuring animals, specialists, unique enclosures, and conservation projects, each with a particular ability. Use them to increase the appeal and scientific reputation of your zoo, and to collect conservation points. Each player has a set of action cards, which you will use and upgrade to carry out your plans.
Each player has a set of five action cards to manage their gameplay, and the power of an action is determined by the slot the card currently occupies. The cards are:
- Build — Allows you to build standard or special enclosures, kiosks, and pavilions.
- Animals — Allows you to accommodate animals in your zoo.
- Cards — Allows you to gain new zoo cards (animals, sponsors, and conservation project cards).
- Association — Allows your association workers to carry out different tasks.
- Sponsors — Allows you to play a sponsor card in your zoo or to raise money.
With a lot of love for the theme, game designer Mathias Wigge has created an interestingly interwoven game. With high replayability and rich components, Ark Nova provides a remarkable gaming experience that will bring the game to the table again and again.
Pick up a copy of Ark Nova today!